Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tuna Steaks with White Bean Salad

I need to post a few without pictures to get back in the swing of things.  I have, over the years, written down some of my favorite recipes in a journal.  I normally use recipes for my cooking, but I tend to make notes and change things according to my family's likes and dislikes.  Over the next week I am going to just throw some of these recipes up so you guys can see.  Sorry about not having any pictures right now.  I tend to forget to take them about half way through cooking.

  • 3 Tbs. lemon juice
  • 3Tbs. Olive oil
  • 3 Tbs. minced scallions
  • 1 Tbs. chopped sage (if using dried here double it)
  • 2-15 1/2 oz. cans cannellini beans, drained
  • 4-5 oz. tuna steaks
1. Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil in a medium-size bowl; add scallions, sage, 1/4 tsp kosher salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper.  Combine 3 Tbs of this mixture with beans.  Reserve remaining mixture for later.

2.  Season tuna steaks with salt and pepper.  Heat 2 Tbs olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed skillet.  Sear the tuna steaks on each side about 2 min each for medium rare, or leave on longer for desired degree of doneness.

3.  Place bean salad on serving plate, top with tuna steaks, and drizzle with reserved lemon mixture.  ENJOY!!

*Also great served over white rice*

No comments:

Post a Comment