The Tartar Sauce is a little different then most, but you can make this ahead and keep it in your fridge. It's great for a summertime fish fry...very light.
Last, but not least, this pesto is super easy and great on anything! Store this in the fridge and mix it in your favorite pasta, or grill with some shrimp, or even chicken. This is definitely a staple in my house.
- 5 c fresh spinach, (you can substitute 10 oz frozen, but do not use canned...yuck!)
- 1-15 oz can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained; liquid reserved
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
2. Cool. Blend this up in a blender, or a food processer until smooth. ENJOY!!
- 1/2 c mayonaise
- 1 Tbsp celery leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp pickle relish
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 1 Tbsp green onions, chop the white ends only
- 2 c fresh basil leaves
- 4 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan
- Kosher salt and pepper
2. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil.
3. Blend in the cheese and add the salt and pepper to taste.
4. Refirgerate, covered, for up to a week. ENJOY!!