I have been slacking with taking pictures, so I don't have any today. As I thought more about it, though, you might not need to see any since this is so easy and quick.
- 1 lb. ground beef (ground round is best because you want a little bit of fat...not too much)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 egg
- 4 oz. saltine crackers (one package from the box, crushed)
- 8 oz. tomato sauce (small can)
- kosher salt and pepper
2. Season the mixture heavily with salt and pepper. (I would suggest about 1 tsp. of each.)
3. Press the meat mixture into a loaf pan. Keeping the dish uncovered, put it into the oven and bake for 1 hour.
4. When the meatloaf is done, check the temp with a thermometer. You want to see at least 165 degrees. (It will probably be higher.) Let the meatloaf rest for 15 min.
5. Now, I use a metal spatula to remove my portion from the pan. It probably will not be a solid piece, but it will taste much better then your typical dense meatloaf. Top each slice with a generous serving of ketchup. ENJOY!!
P.S.- I have made this recipe with ground turkey, but remember not to use the leanest meat at the grocery store or your meatloaf will be dry.