- 1/2 small onion (chopped)
- 1 lb ground beef (turkey or pork could be substituted)
- 1/4 c red wine
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 c water
- 1 Roma tomato (chopped)
- 4 chopped scallions
- 4 c cooked pasta (about 1 1/2 c raw)
2. Deglaze the pan with the red wine and scrape all the good bits off the bottom of the pan. Then add the soup mix and the water and mix well to get all the lumps out. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
3. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper if needed. The soup mix is condensed and pretty salty, so you probably won't need it.
4. Turn off the heat and add the tomatoes and scallions. If you would like to cook these ingredients it's up to you, but I like freshness of them being just heated through.
5. Pour the meat sauce over some cooked noodles and serve with a nice salad and some garlic bread. ENJOY!!