Monday, October 3, 2011

My First Blog

Ok people...I have finally decided (about 10 years after everyone else) to start a food blog.  I have thought about it a lot and since all three of my children now attend Mother's Day Out two days a week I have some extra time on my hands to share some of the meals I cook at home for my family. 


For some reason, most of my family and friends seem to think that since I went to culinary school I must be making huge, elaborate dinners that consist of fancy items and at least 2 hours cook time.  No, I am not Julia Child.  Do you not remember the earlier comment about the three children?  Although I would love to spend the entire day in the kitchen, I just do not have the time. 


I actually cook more like Sandra Lee.  I take ready-made products and play with the ingredients to make what I think is a better meal.  I do cook every night, which is not the norm for most of the population, but I find it fun and a lot of times cheaper. 


What I want to achieve with this blog is to let some of you in on some of my secrets.  The way I cook is very easy, usually takes less then an hour, and (I think) is very tasty.  My only downfall is that I do not like to eat the same things often, so although I have some common meals under my belt, they are usually spread far and few between. 


So, if you would join me twice a week I would love to show you how I cook in my home for my family.  I will be attempting to post twice a week with pictures and recipes.  Hopefully I can keep this up for at least a little while.  Please feel free to let me know if you make my recipes and how they turned out for you.


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment