When shopping for a good fish for this recipe, I mainly look for a white flesh and I try to find the thickest fillet I can. This does work great with tilapia, or catfish which are fairly inexpensive, but I like a good piece of swordfish every now and then.
- 2 1/2 c crushed potato chips (I use Lays)
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley (I sometimes use dried parsley because it's mainly for color)
- 1/2 c mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice (3 lemons)
- 1 lb fish fillets, fresh
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine chips, cheese and parsley on a plate, or a dish with sides. Add salt and pepper to taste. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, and 2 Tbsp lemon juice.
3. Dip fish in remaining 2 Tbsp lemon juice, then mayonnaise mixture, then cover in chip mixture.
4. Arrange fish in oiled baking dish. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. *The fatter the fillet, the longer the cooking time will be. Serve with a green vegetable and some fluffy rice...YUM! ENJOY!!