Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Fish Tacos

I know, I know, I have been slacking big time!  I am going to try to give you three recipes in one day.  If I only get to two please don't stone me.  When the kids get up from their nap I have to go. 

My first recipe is for Fish Tacos.  At my house we eat Tex-Mex at least once a week!  We try to do Taco Tuesday (We eat tacos in our jamas in front of a movie) every week, but I often get bored with the same beef tacos over and over again.  So, sometimes it is Enchilada Tuesday, or Fajita Tuesday, but I always keep it close to the theme.  This recipe is very simple...almost too simple to blog, but I wanted to get it out there anyway.  I find that you really can use any type of fish you like as long it is white and flaky.  Meatier fish like salmon and tuna will have a different mouth feel and flavor.  Also, this meal is pretty inexpensive if you stay along the lines of tilapia or even catfish.  Let's get started...

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless white fish (I used tilapia)
  • 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 8 corn tortillas
  • 1 c. shredded cabbage
  • 1/2 c. chopped tomatoes
  • 1 lime (in wedges)
  • handful cilantro
  • 2 green onions (sliced thin)
  • 4 oz. sour cream
  • 4 oz. cilantro ranch (recipe follows)
1.  Pat the fish dry with a paper towel.  Season with the Cajun seasoning.  In a hot skillet over the stove add the olive oil and cook the fish until opaque all the way through (about 3 min per side).  Remove the fish from the pan and let it rest on a plate in a warm spot. 

Assorted Toppings


2.  While cooking the fish, wrap the tortillas in foil and let them sit in a 200 degree oven to get warm.  When the fish is finished separate it among each tortilla and use any combination of the toppings you would like.  ENJOY!!

YUMMM!!!
Cilantro Ranch:
  • 3 oz. ranch
  • handful cilantro
  • 1/2 lime (juiced)
  • Kosher salt and pepper
1.  In a food processor, or blender combine all ingredients.  Cover the mixture with lid and turn it on!  Blend until nice and smooth.  If there is not enough liquid to make it a sauce you can add a little more lime, or even some water.  (Just enough to loosen it up.)  Taste mixture often to help with the seasonings.  ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment