- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken thighs (I use bone-in)
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (I like lots of garlic)
- 4 carrots
- 3 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 c beer
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 package frozen peas
- cooked white rice (about 2 cups)
2. Add the chopped onion to the oiled pan and sweat until soft and browned a little. Now, peel the carrots and slice them about 1/2 in. thick. Add them to the pan and cook about 5 min stirring often. Throw in the garlic and continue to cook another minute. I like to just smash the garlic and throw it in whole, them remove it later before I serve the dinner. Feel free to mince the garlic before it goes in, or even use one spoonful of the jar garlic from the store.
3. Add the curry and the thyme and stir them in quickly. Then deglaze the pan with the beer. Make sure to get all the good bits off the bottom of the pan. Add the coconut milk and the reserved chicken with all it's juices. Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat to a simmer. Place the lid on and let it cook slowly for 30 minutes. Open the lid and check to make sure you are not boiling the chicken. It should be simmering.
4. Check to make sure the carrots are cooked through and your chicken reads 165 degrees. If it does not, simmer for some more time. If it is ready, turn off the heat and mix in the frozen peas. The heat of the sauce should be enough to cook the peas through. If not, turn the heat back on until the peas are just finished.
5. Serve this over some rice and you should have a complete meal! ENJOY!