- 2 ready-to-bake pie crusts for 9 in pies
- 8 small-medium apples (4 green, 4 red)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 c white sugar
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- pinch kosher salt
- cinnamon sugar mixture (for serving)
2. Remove one crust from the packaging and unfold it onto the counter. If there are any tares in the dough just press them back together. Lay this bottom crust into the pie pan and press, carefully, into the bottom corners. If the dough ripples on any of the sides of the dish just press flat. Pour the apple mixture into the dish and get working on the lattice top.
3. The lattice top is hard to explain, easy to do, but hard to explain. There is a diagram below. Basically, you take out the other pie crust and roll it onto a flat surface (counter). Take a ruler, or I us the side of the box, and cut strips about 3/4 in thick. Remove every other one and lay them starting with the smallest across the pie. Now, unroll every other strip and lay another strip parallel to the previous strips. Make sure the strip you choose to lay down reaches the length of the pie. Lay the strips that you rolled up back down and roll up the other strips that were down before. Lay another parallel strip and cover back up. Repeat this until the whole pie is covered. If you choose another topping feel free to ignore this past paragraph.
|I made one on the counter so it might be easier to see.|
|Not my picture, but I can't do that and|
take the pic at the same time!