- 3 lbs pork shoulder, cut into 1 in pieces
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp California chili powder
- 2 Tbsp New Mexico chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 5 whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 c olive oil
- 8 to 12 white corn tortillas, heated through
- diced white onion
- chopped cilantro leaves
1. Place the meat into a 11 by 12 in baking dish. Toss this with the dry ingredients and the oil. Marinate overnight, or for at least 6 hours, covered in the fridge.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take the baking dish from the fridge and place it on the counter for 20 minutes. Bake this, covered with foil, in the oven for 45 to 60 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Take out the bay leaves and cloves. Chop meat into small pieces.
3. Serve on 2 warm tortillas, sprinkled with the white onion, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime. ENJOY!!